Possession of Drugs

Yuma Possession Defense Attorney

Charged with Possession in Yuma?

Our state lawmakers have made certain types of possession offenses a misdemeanor. Some individuals do not realize that if you are found to be in possession of marijuana above a minimal amount, even when it is only for your own use, you will be charged with a felony offense. If the drug involved is a certain class of drug, such as cocaine, heroin, PCP, ecstasy or illegally obtained prescription drugs, you will be charged with felony possession.

It is vital that you take action at once if you have been arrested and charged with possession – even a minor marijuana possession charge.

As the penalties are based upon the type of drug and amount in possession, as well as earlier convictions, a conviction of misdemeanor possession can be extremely dangerous if you later are once again caught in any type of drug offense or other criminal offense.

Possession Defense Lawyer in Yuma

The first step after an arrest on a possession charge is to contact a Yuma criminal defense lawyer from Dwane Cates Law Group, P.L.L.C. . Our legal team has extensive experience – decades collectively – in the criminal justice system and can professionally address the case and determine quickly how the defense will move forward. There are rarely cases that are perfect; when the flaws in the case against you are found, your defense attorney will exploit them by exposing errors by law enforcement, labs or chain of custody of the evidence against you.

The first step is to get your case reviewed at once to determine the best course of action for your defense. With a careful evaluation, you can be advised of the options for your defense, and how our legal team will proceed with your defense. We are determined to fight for a positive outcome on your case, and with our experience, you can increase the likelihood of a favorable result in your case.

Contact a Yuma Possession Defense Attorney from our firm for experienced and aggressive defense in possession charges.

Contact an Attorney Today!